Monday, July 12, 2010

Swimming with the sharks ... I mean, watching the sharks swim

We scored some free passes to Underwater Adventures and decided to take advantage on a typical Minnesota muggy Sunday ... Definitely not worth paying $20 a piece (ticket value), but VERY cool for free!

Watching the snapping turtle ... Dustin is such a science geek; he would be so happy hanging out here all day, just him, the reptiles and the fish.  Elliot and I moved a little too fast for him.

 Libbi was more interested in her sticker it seemed ...

Elliot and Sharky, with Libbi watching from afar ... even painted sharks are scary, I guess.

This is just a cool pic, but clearly I wasn't understanding that the flash was not a good idea in an underground tunnel GLASS aquarium.

Not many places you can go where a 7 ft. sawfish swims over your head.


Or sharks ...

Or giant stingrays ... COOL!

Elliot loved these fish because there were like a hundred "Nemos".

"Mom, look a seahorse!"
"Do I see that horse?"
"No, SEAHORSE!"
"What horse?"
"No, Mom!  SEAHORSE!!!"
"I don't see a horse."
"Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ... Sometimes it is too easy.

If we cannot be in the AC to get away from the muggyness, we must get WET!


Libbi was rockin' the ruffles and polka dots at North Mississippi Regional Park.

Sometimes I just want bottle up this sweetness and curiosity and save it for later!

Elliot and Trey, yet another child of another previous daycare provider. :) (Shawna)  We had a great time with the kids on Saturday and held out the weather.  The boys got along great the first 3 hours ... then, we ALL needed a nap.

Mr. July enjoying Sprinkler Day at preschool.  Again, why can't I bottle this up and save it.  I want him to be 4 forever.

Elliot and his best friend and worst enemy (depending on the day), Brennan.  This was obviously a best friend day.  How cute!  Brennan came up to me and said, "You know what, Jackie, I like you."

Ah, to be 4 again, and be thrilled at a sprinkler spraying straight up in your face.  Good times!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Libbi reflected in the aquarium glass. We'll have to get some free tickets to check this out. Do you know you can get free passes to the Minnesota zoo at the library? They have dolphins in their aquarium, and all the rest of the cool animals. We should go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks once again for a look at those super grandkids having a great time with Mom and Dad and friends. They just get cuter and cuter and I can hardly wait to print this so Grandpa can see all the pics.

    ReplyDelete