Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new blog ... and I'm feeling good

I blame this switch entirely on Laura, who continues to inspire and motivate me with her Strand Family Adventures. With the other website, I wasn't able to accurately depict my stories the way I wanted to ... every story is better with photo-explanation. For example, telling a story about Elliot getting locked in the bathroom doesn't have quite the luster alone as it does when accompanied by the visual of Jake finding just the right key to get him loose.


Speaking of Jake, a quick congratulations to Erin and Jake on their second baby, Sylvie Louise, born yesterday, after quite the standoff. Can't wait to meet her!


Now, on to recent events of The Family Stone. Libbi has officially taken after her mother in the role of "Girls Gone Wild."


She and Nadia had a dance party last week, and she shook what her mama gave her.



I can guarantee that I have pictures just like this somewhere of my many dance parties, but I never had quite the adorable butt or thighs that seem to stand out to me in each of these pictures. I do remember a dance teacher named Donna, however, who asked me how many Twinkies I had over Christmas break.


Needless to say, I didn't continue dancing much longer. I didn't exactly have the "dancer" physique. Hopefully Libbi will be stronger and withstand the likes of teacher Donna as she approaches her dance career. I mean check out the moves ... and at such an early age ...


And the agility ...



And the grace ...



This girl has a future all mapped out.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new site! I'm glad I inspire you :)
    Libbi is adorable. She could teach jazzersize. I can empathize with the twinkie story. I had a dance teacher in high school tell me "you better be careful. I can already tell you'll become Miss Saddlebags after a few kids" Ugh! What's with dance teachers? Do girls not have enough body image problems?

    ReplyDelete