Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Standards

I have a lot of catching up to do with photos, etc. on this blog, but I had a minor hiccup in my life last weekend (got my gall bladder removed) which makes it hard to be enthusiastic about posting anything. However, I had to share a conversation from last night with my charming and complimentary little boy.

So it is that I am on a semi-restrictive diet following surgery ... while Dustin and the kids feasted on pork chops and perfectly delicious potatoes, I had a bowl of tomato soup.

Campell's, out of a can, mixed with water -- tomato soup.

When Elliot saw it, he had to have some, too.

As we sat there enjoying our respective dinners, Elliot looks at me and says, "Mommy, you make the best tomato soup EVER."

"Thanks buddy," I said, "I opened the the can all by myself."

"You DID?" he asked. "You didn't even need a can opener!?"

"No, I just peeled the top right off."

"Wow."

I can't even begin to tell you the standards this young man is going to have when he heads out into the real world. They are going to be high.


1 comment:

  1. It won't be too hard for his wife to be as good of a cook as his mom!

    ReplyDelete