Monday, May 10, 2010

Mono-Free Mother's Day Weekend

It was so nice to wake up every day this weekend and feel 100% again (good riddens kissing disease!). I was even able to stay up late both nights, enjoy a few beers, and actually wake up fresh (thanks to Sharon for answering the early wake-up calls by the little people ... one at 5:45 on Saturday morning! Elliot ... really?  That never happens at our house -- must be something about the thrill of Grandma and Grandpas ... or the whip cream that comes on everything.)

I took these of Libbi right before we left for Jackson.  I can't believe how grown up she looks ... I didn't care if she was eating -- I found myself just staring at her ...

One of my favorite things about going to visit Dustin's old stomping ground.  You can never see too many rainbows.  Elliot told us to drive to the end of it so that we could see the leprechan and his stash of gold.


Elliot actually took this photo of Libbi.  The boy might have an eye for photography ... or just a really cute subject!

Saturday morning, we basically laid around and watched Libbi and Elliot bounce off the walls (literally).


Saturday night, I watched Dustin and his friends drink shots out of a ski.

They did a really nice job!  I was impressed, most of all by Stacy who stood on a bucket to balance out the height issue.  Well done!

I thought this was funny.  Elliot denied his own dad on a fist bump.

Mother's Day brunch at the Hi-Lo Club.  Something about Libbi in this picture reminds me of Robert DeNiro in Meet the Fockers.

Elliot was even more thrilled about our seating arrangement than I was.  It is hard to tell in this photo, but we basically got placed under a 10x10 gazebo, with lights, curtains, the works.  Elliot thought it was so cool that "The Stone Family ... and Grandpa and Grandma" got their own room!  We were like visiting royalty ... I've never enjoyed a more spacious buffet.  I can't wait to go back.

Many attemps, but this is the best we could do.  I guess we just need to take more pictures. =)

On the way home, Pippi muist have stuck her finger in an outlet when I wasn't looking.  Cheese!!!

And we can't forget about Boo ... or can we?  Poor thing came down in a roomy van, and spent the ride home in the corner of an SUV. 

All in all, a great Mother's Day weekend, culminating with the highly anticipated iPod shuffle.  A happy mama = happy family. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment